Thursday, July 7, 2011

Off-Schedule

My schedule today is off; ugh. I love me some routines and I kind of just got used to my summer one; wake up and run (which is a huge feat, as I've mentioned), take Mikey to work, have coffee, read the paper/blogs/write post, clean a bit (in a wedding related manner), have lunch, clean/work some more (again, wedding related), think about dinner, maybe get it ready, go pick up the mr, come home for dinner, maybe some more crafting/work, read, blessed bed. 
I realize it's boring to post how my days work (don't deny it) now that I've written it out, but I forget things so easily and at some point I'll like to look back and see how I spent my summer (won't I?). I've also been sprinkling in coffee and lunch dates with friends which has been great. 
I feel at ease with the world when I have the majority of my day to do what I want and today I had things to do. Errands to run. Places to be. They weren't particularly boring of difficult to-dos (I took my cousin and her friend to get their nails done as a birthday gift and I got a pedicure too!) but they were just things to do and I couldn't do my thing. As a disclaimer, I am aware that this is pretty selfish behavior. I worked hard for my summer, though, and I'm working towards this wedding of ours and spending time with family and friends; I'm not just eating bon-bons all day. I also realize that there will be a time in my life when I won't have this luxury (whether I get a non-teaching job at some point, have my own little kiddos running around, a combination of the two or some other unforeseen set of circumstances) so I'm really loving my time these days.
Alas this vent does not match up with my trying to be positive and enjoy the summer so I shall leave it here and move.on; it is a beautiful day here, life is good and we have so much to look forward to in the next few days, months and years.
Moving on; Tuesday was my mama's birthday and I forgot to mention it. ¡Feliz cumpleaños y zapo verde! I made her dinner and {bought} a chocolate cake and we had a great time. I made my mother Bisquick Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie.
Photobucket

There in me lurks a 1970s housewife from Michigan; I love casseroles AND I love recipes that come on boxes. In Minnesota they are called "Hot Dishes" and I love those too. It's fabulous, in mine eyes, to have all meal components in one place at one time especially if melted cheese is involved. Mike is so off-put by the name of this meal and casseroles in general but he'll still eat it and ask for seconds; ha! I wouldn't say it's impossibly easy because that just doesn't quite make sense AND impossibly easy would be ordering in Indian food. I still ♥ it.
That's about it for now. It's been warm, which makes me happy, and Mikey and I enjoyed an outdoor movie last night. There was a costume contest to go along with the film. That and delicious kettle corn.
Photobucket
Can you guess which movie it was based on our outfits? 
Photobucket

Needless to say, we did not win but we had a blast.
San Jose offers nighttime movies outside at a few locations downtown which is AWESOME if you ask me; I'm a sucker for community events of any sort. You can read about it HERE if you're a San Jose-ian and curious. Also, don't forget the Obon festival in Japantown this weekend; I mentioned HERE and HERE and you can read about it HERE
Have a great rest of your Thursday y'all!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment